Underwriter Property & Casualty (m/w/d)
Join a growing Reinsurance Company in Zurich
Apply your experience in a dynamic & fast-paced environment
Our client is a global leader in reinsurance, insurance and in providing creative and differentiating capital solutions for our clients. Headquartered in Bermuda since the 1990s, the company has become one of the world's largest and most successful global reinsurers. Its team shares a passion for rapid innovation, creativity and a strong belief in the entrepreneurial culture which is a cornerstone of its competitive advantage. In line with this commitment, it focuses on attracting and developing the very best people who are dedicated to exceptional performance.
- Underwriting & pricing accounts from the global property, casualty and specialty book of business; with a focus on the European portfolio
- Expected to be a self-starter with regards analyzing and reviewing underwriting submissions, along with deal negotiation & portfolio management
- Preparation and analysis of reports and statistics relevant for portfolio management control, reporting and planning
- Collaboration with Actuarial & Pricing teams in alignment around view of risk
- Reviewing contract wordings and negotiate terms and conditions
- Establishing and maintaining client/broker relationships
- Interacting with internal and external claims and accounting departments to facilitate account processing
- Bachelor/Master's degree (Actuarial/Mathematical sciences preferably) and/or vocational business degree
5 to 10 years' relevant work experience in the reinsurance industry in a similar role, ideally on the Underwriting side
- Core of experience to be related to Property Catastrophe XOL, but some experience in a specialty lines of business for example engineering, professional casualty, credit & surety or agriculture an advantage
- Achieved or currently working toward industry designations (e.g. ARe, CPCU, ACII)
Good understanding of catastrophe models an advantage; along with being a strong communicator on broader pricing methodologies
- Strong computer skills with thorough knowledge of the MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint, SICS an advantage
- Proven ability to think in an analytical and conceptual way
- Excellent communication, marketing, presentation, and customer relations skills
- A strong work ethic, commitment to meeting deadlines and the ability to work extra hours to achieve deadlines & goals
- Fluent in English. Any other European language is a strong advantage
Our client is located centrally in Zurich and has established a closely-knit, familiar, and entrepreneurial culture. You will be joining a team of engaged and qualified professionals and will receive attractive compensation.
Our client operates in a fast-paced business environment, demanding a strong work ethic and a results-oriented approach. The company is an equal opportunity employer.