- Challenging environment within a fast growing industry
- Strong experience within the commodity industry
Our client, a global trading organisation incorporated within an international production/manufacturing company, based in Zug and we are currently looking for a detail-oriented Supply Chain & Procurement Expert - Trader to start as soon as possible.
As a Trader, you will be supporting the business with all related duties linked to procurement, planning, supply chain, price forecasting and trading strategies.
The responsibilities of the selected candidate will be focusing on topics linked to Supply Chain and Procurement, below the duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement procurement concepts and trading strategies; as well as demand planning, price forecasting and reporting
- Gather market intelligence and foster relations with suppliers, customers as well as internal business partners
- Detect, evaluate and implement
- optimizations of assets and portfolios through 3rd Party trading
- cross-category opportunities (logistics, entrepreneurial drive)
- Develop 3rd party trading business, i.e. purchase and sales agreements for the short term (spot business) as well as for the long term (structural business)
- Plan, organize and execute negotiations on spot and term contracts
- Coordinate globally the category strategy (e.g. support regions, detect arbitrage opportunities)
- Supervise all procurement/ trade related matters including but not limited to the coordination of logistics/ logistic assets, cargo related hedging, risk management and expedite litigations in cooperation with respective internal functional departments (e.g. late payments, non-performances).
- Contribute to the success global business models and initiatives by fostering the global cooperation of the team
- Drive and contribute to process optimizations (e.g. by using IT systems)
The successful candidate brings an allrounder supply chain management profile, whilst being able to dive to into the world of commodity trading. Additionally, the ideal candidate also has:
- Education in a relevant field of activity (e.g. maritime logistics, business administration) and at least 5 years' experience in commodity trading and/or supply or related industries
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a prerequisite to manage internal and external interfaces
- Excellent analytical thinking and negotiation skills
- Thorough knowledge of trading environment and internal processes
- Fluent English language skills required. Knowledge of German is highly valued
- Entrepreneurial mindset, critical thinking abilities and able to think outside of the box
Are you looking to join a dynamic team and motivated to integrate into a international company? Are you analytical and ready to start a new challenge? If yes, please do not hesitate and apply now.