- future perspective
- interesting activities
The customer is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life.
- Identify and mitigate any tax risks with respect to transactions or changes to the business in Germany
- Manage and supervise tax staff (3 HC) and assess their performance
- Manage tax provision and tax compliance process, including US GAAP accounting
- Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices
- Manage and coordinate tax audits and ensure timely resolution in the best interests of Abbott
- Maintain tax balances on general ledger
- Prepare all tax work papers and handle all information data requests
- University degree in the field of law, economics or comparable with a focus on tax, accounting and controlling
- Certified Tax Advisor (Steuerberater), or European equivalent
- Minimum 5-10 years Tax experience with an international company (ideally healthcare or med tech) or Tax consulting company (accounting firm or law firm)
- Strong German income tax, payroll tax and VAT knowledge and skills
- SAP ECC 6 experience in the FI/CO modules
- Strong PC skills in Excel and MS-Office
- Fluent in English and German
- Results and goal-oriented.
- Hands-on and self-starter mentality
- Able to manage responsibilities independently
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent financial analysis skills
The company offers comprehensive benefits to suit the lifestyles of all our employees, from a retirement plan that is far above market average, a save-as-you-earn program, to educational scholarships for children, and health management initiatives for staff and their dependents.