Regional Sales Director - Germany (m/f)
International company for Learning and Development
Operative and strategic responsibility for the German market
My client is an internationally successful company in the Learning and Development sector. They provide people development programmes that help companies all over the world get the very best from their people at work. To execute their ambitious growth plans for Germany I am currently recruiting an experienced Sales Director (m/f), based in Berlin.
In this leadership role your primary focus will be to lead the regional direct sales for our businesses in Germany to ensure that the brand is recognised as a people development partner of choice in the region.
In addition, you will have Operational Management responsibility/ overview for the offices within the Region ensuring that that the employees based in Germany have a connection to the relevant community within their base country as well as on a functional basis. As required you will also have the role as key signatory for all geographic compliance activity.
As part of the European Leadership team you will actively support the deployment of Global Sales Strategy across Europe and in the countries that you are responsible for, integrating the recently acquired co-owned businesses into our new Global Sales and Delivery matrix model, championing the success of the cross regional business units Enterprise Clients, Global Clients, Inside Sales, Partner Channel and Delivery Excellence. You will be accountable for sales, revenue, financial, and delivery metrics for Germany, the execution of the client's Global Sales Model, customer happiness and sales team engagement.
In details, your responsibilities are the following:
- Cultivate a culture of high performance focused on delivering a legendary customer experience
- Demonstrate a capability of leading and developing high performing cross functional teams in the global learning and development sector
- Knowledge of the Global/European learning & development marketplace and experience of L&D and/or consulting related industries
- Inspirational leadership of self and others in a global matrix environment
- Inspired by our purpose and values and brand
- Bring a global mind set and drive for consistent customer experience across the client's sales and delivery process
- Role-model a collaborative approach to achieving results through the effective leadership of internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate a capability to contribute and drive the execution of strategy and ability to engage executive and senior leaders across different business units and functions.
- Strong sales background and track record of delivering results & commercial judgement
- Leadership role model: global mind-set, matrix management, collaboration and servant leadership
- Demonstrable experience and capability in implementing global strategy from a local level.
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, operational management, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Collaborating and partnering with stakeholders in other countries/ regions and functions, representing voice of customers and commercial judgement
- Self-aware and committed to personal development & development of others
- Rigorous critical thinking and ensuring empowerment and accountability is in place
- Well-developed numeracy and literacy skills
- Execution and delivery against stretching strategic and financial objectives
- Driving a consistent global customer experience through an effective sales operations model
- Working with English as a business language, whilst also fluent in German.
- An attractive salary
- An international, dynamic working environment at a leading L&D company
- A modern office in the center of Berlin