Aktualisiert am 22/02/2022
- important position with high responsibility
- direct report to the CFO
My client is an investment management firm focused on growth equity and digital infrastructure. Founded in 2015, the firm has raised more than $1 billion in funds from corporate and institutional investors and invested in over 60 companies such as leading enterprise application and software companies.
The Finance Team at my client manages all aspects of corporate finance, fund management, valuations, reporting, fund administration, fund and corporate governance as well as cashflows across all of the firm's funds and entities.
My client is headquartered in Hamburg with offices in the USA, Israel, Luxembourg, UK and Korea.
- Supervision of a junior Portfolio Controller
- Preparation of quarterly and annual valuations and presentation to senior management
- Determination and assessment of fund performance, development of fund models and calculation of fund KPIs
- Monitoring and analysis of portfolio company development, liaising with investment managers
- Preparation of reports, both for individual investments and at the fund level
- Management of closing procedures for investments and divestments
- Ad-hoc preparation of presentations, case studies, analyses and updates
- Coordination of external service providers, for services such as accounting, fund administration, banking, and regulatory reporting
- Maintenance of and improvements to our portfolio controlling and archiving systems
Applicants should have a minimum of five years professional experience, ideally in a similar function at an asset management firm, fund service provider or finance-focused enterprise. Alternatively, you may have advised such companies at an international accounting or transaction services firm or specialized consultancy.
Furthermore, you have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, ideally Master's degree, in a relevant field of study
- A solid background in finance
- Thorough understanding of the Venture Capital and or Private Equity industry
- Proficiency in MS Office, in particular Excel
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with high attention to detail
On a personal level, you convince through:
- Very good communication skills and a high level of assertiveness
- The ability to work autonomously and lead others
- Fluent English and German, both spoken & written
- The desire and ability to work in a small, effective team environment
- Competitive compensation
- Highly entrepreneurial set-up with small and dynamic teams
- Flexible work-from-home policy