- Opportunity to act as General manager (m/f/d) abroad
- Family owned industrial company with plants all over the world
Our customer is a traditional and internationally oriented family business. The headquarter is located in the southwest of Germany. With a turnover of around 700 million euros, it is a classic German industrial company from the "Mittelstand".
As a replacement, we are looking for a General Manager Production (m/f/d) for our client`s production site at the east coast of the United States. The General Manager (m/f/d) will report both to the Global Production Manager and to the company's board members.
The General Manager (m/f/d) needs to be a production specialist who drives the strategic and operational development of the production area and all related departments (e.g. lean management, industrial engineering, quality, logistics, ...).
The General Manager…
- must acquire a deep technical knowledge of the production processes, products and applications at the customer.
- will be responsible for the manufacturing site with 150 employees, including all administrative and strategic tasks and human resource planning.
- will submit an annual budget each year for the following year providing forecasts for revenue, profitability, growth, capital expenditure and resource requirements; he will also prepare brief monthly profit and loss statements with a report according to the company`s internal accounting procedures.
- will discuss the chosen strategy and performance several times per year with the Global Production Manager and/or a member of the board.
- will drive the lean activities based on company`s business guidelines with support from global departments
- will actively participate in our training and strategy workshops that take place twice a year. It is expected that the General Manager will provide clear leadership and direction, based on a strong management team.
- will strive to grow the company and develop a structured manufacturing approach. Playing a leading role in positioning the company as a reliable supplier of our sales companies will be essential
The candidate should...
- have a university engineering background, mechanical, electrical or chemical
engineering is preferred.
- should have a career in production companies of at least 10 years behind his/her back, with excellent knowledge of the state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and methods.
- have a solid experience in lean principles and other relevant procedures to secure an efficient design of the value chain of our goods. A well-founded managerial experience in a professionally run organization is indispensable.
- should be ambitious, dynamic, goal oriented and cost-conscious. A self-motivated personality with the will for change and continuous improvement is expected. A candidate who has worked in a well-structured international company, ideally a European company with a matrix structure, would be preferred.
- have excellent knowledge of English & german and a proven track record in modern management techniques, very strong leadership qualities, strong interpersonal skills, strategic savvy, vision, customer focus, drive and an ethical personality will be among our top priorities.
- manage performance issues effectively and communicate with team and customers (internal/ external companies) on action plans, he/she will display a capability to make competent technical and commercial decisions and discuss solutions effectively with customers.
- The incumbent will play an important role within the Group and is expected to contribute to the strategic and technical development of the worldwide manufacturing organization
- Very attractive compensation package with a proper base salary, bonus & company car
If you have have further questions, please contact Lea Kortgödde (0162 207 8218) directly.