Deputy Compliance Officer (m/w/d) - Regulatory Compliance
highly qualified Deputy Compliance Officer (m/w/d) - Regulatory Compliance
leading international bank with a branch in frankfurt
Our client is a leading international bank abroad. Due to the increasing regulatory requirements, we are looking for a "Deputy Compliance Officer (m/f/d) - MaRisk and Regulatory Compliance" to support the Head of Compliance as soon as possible. In this important key position you act as the sparring partner of the Head of Compliance and have a direct reporting line to the Executive Board. You are jointly responsible for the further development of compliance management with a focus on the areas of MaRisk and regulatory compliance. In this newly created position, you bring in your great knowledge of the German regulations and further develop processes.
- Identify and asses the compliance risks associated with the Bank's current and
- proposed future business activities, including new products, new business relationships and any extension of operations or network on regional and international level.
- Advice the General Management in the appliance laws, regulations, rules, and standards and inform them about any development in these areas.
- Liaise with regulators and other bodies on compliance matters.
- Monitor the appropriateness of internal policies, manuals, guidelines and procedures, ensure of follow up, make recommendations for amendments when necessary, and supervise the implementation of corrective measures to mitigate the identified deficiencies.
- Monitor compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines by performing regular and comprehensive compliance risk assessments and testing
- Educate staff with respect to compliance with the applicable laws and regulation and act as advisor on compliance queries from staff members
- Establish and supervise appropriate compliance checks and controls on branch level.
- Centralize all information of compliance related issues.
- Define the governing rules setting out sanctions applied in case of breach of compliance, and apply such sanctions where relevant
- Report accordingly to the General Management of the Bank and to Head Office and to other agencies, like judicial and governmental agencies, if required or mandatory
- University degree in legal, accounting, finance, management or equivalent
- At least 5 years working experience or business discipline in the compliance, risk, audit or other related activities
- In-depth understanding of the regulatory requirements in the German market, mainly MaRisk and regulatory compliance
- Applicants who have working experience in local commercial banks or large financial Institutions will be preferred
- Applicants with certifications such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
- (CRCM),Certified Bank Compliance Officer (CBCO) will be preferred
- Ability to use database query tools and reporting tools and understand data models
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- Language skills: German(Fluent), English(Fluent);
- attractive salary package with several benefits
- International environment with development opportunities
- exciting and challenging work environment