- In house construction lawyer (German Qualified) - Global Data Center Developer
- Mid-level wide ranging construction role available in London or Frankfurt
Our Client is Global Data Center Developer with active projects running in multiple jurisdictions throughout the world.
Our Client is seeking a skilled Construction Lawyer to assist in both contentious and non-contentious aspects of our build programme of hyperscale data centres. Reporting into a Construction focused Legal Director you will join a growing team of legal professionals focused on providing high-quality, independent legal advice to the business.
The role will primarily include contract administration support in respect of live projects with teams of external consultants and contractors appointed. Candidates would be expected to work closely with the delivery and procurement teams to provide commercial, accurate and fast paced advice.
Duties will include:
- negotiation of key construction contracts in different jurisdictions. Currently we are seeking to use the FIDIC yellow book form where possible, or a local equivalent (e.g. VOB in Germany).
- assisting with the administration of all construction contracts, arranging execution/stamping of final form agreements and should they occur, the management of construction disputes on behalf of the Company.
- partnering with the wider legal team (which is predominantly based in London, UK) and support colleagues in the development and delivery teams in Germany.
- managing of governance, record keeping and compliance with all applicable laws, corporate rules and company-wide standards
- Coordination with external counsel, management of engagement and payment of legal fees, building suitable network of local contacts and law firms.
- participating in international projects and related business activities in connection with the ownership and operation of data centres, investor demands and refinancing/restructuring.
The successful candidate will be a German-qualified lawyer who is fluent in German and English and will be likely to have at least 3 years of relevant experience. They should have:
- Strong experience in the construction and development sector, with a good understanding of the project lifecycle.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating consultancy agreements, a range of works contracts, settlement agreements, deeds of variation and similar as well as the management of construction disputes.
For further information about the salary, bonus and benefits on offer for this role, please contact the exclusively instructed agent, David Taylor of Michael Page Legal for a conversation in confidence or alternatively, to expedite the process, please apply directly to this advert.
- Näheres Berufsfeld
- Property / Construction
- Technology & Telecoms
- David Taylor
- +44 207 269 2358