Business Development Manager (m/w) B2B / B2G
Global player in the transportation sector
Business development via prospecting and key account management
Our client is an international company with 1200 employees and its network covers more than 100 countries. The company is specialized in the sector of self-service solution, especially in the transportation industry e.g. fare collection and so on.
We are looking for a competitive Business Development Manager (m/w) to develop sales strategies and attract new clients. The successful salesperson will source new sales opportunities and will play a key role in increasing income and revenue by managing and negotiating with clients, generating leads, qualifying prospects and managing sales of products and services.
- "Get the sale" using various customer sales methods (cold calling, presentations etc.)
- Forecast sales, develop "out of the box" sales strategies/models and evaluate their effectiveness
- Evaluate customer's skills, needs and build productive long lasting relationships
- Meet personal and team sales targets
- Research accounts and generate or follow through sales leads
- Attend meeting, sales events and trainings to keep abreast of the latest developments
- Report and provide feedback to management and maintain an up-to-date client record history within the companies CRM system
- Maintain and expand client database within the assigned territory
- Build a robust pipeline of sales opportunities
- Several years of experience (sales of capital equipment and service)
- Ideal network would be Business to Goverment or Business to Business
- A good working knowledge of the structure of major players within the European mass transit markets and key suppliers within the automated fare collection industry is highly desirable.
- Total commitment to long term customer relationships.
- A successful track record in sales within the transport industry that has included working with operators at all levels from depot staff through to the boardroom.
- Exposure to the transportation sector, specifically the rail operators, and related consultants, specifiers and influencers.
- A background within the fare collection environment is beneficial (with operator, OEM or other supplier)