Associate, Private Equity - Global Alternative Asset Manager
Bulge Bracket M&A or Top Tier Private Equity Experience required
Superior financial modelling, presentation and critical thinking skills required
Our client is a top tier, global alternative asset manager with an investments track record in the region and an appetite to invest further. The firm places a high degree of importance on numeric ability, initiative, culture, and the willingness & ability to take ownership of work and projects.
The role presents an opportunity to join a major global player, and gain investments experience in the Middle East. The Associate, reporting to the Senior Vice President who leads investments for the region, will take primary ownership of financial modelling and be involved in investment screening, transaction execution, portfolio management and exit readiness.
The ideal candidate will currently be an Analyst 3/ Associate 1 at a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank (or would have recently transitioned to a Top Tier Private Equity firm) in an active capital market / financial hub, and thus have significant exposure to M&A transactions across sectors (slight preference for exposure to Real Estate M&A). Qualitatively, they will have a passion to work in Private Equity, and will be enthusiastic about being an early member in a growing team and a progressive career with the firm.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the Associate will:
- Analyse investment opportunities against investment criteria and evaluate key drivers and commercial assumptions
- Run financial modelling of structures & returns for investment opportunities
- Run commercial due diligence on investment opportunities, and assist the team in managing and reviewing the work of third party due diligence (e.g. financial and legal)
- Prepare co-investment & debt financing materials
- Prepare the Investment Memorandum for review by the Investment Committee
- Develop company specific knowledge and an understanding of how value is created within a business
- Assist the team in structuring exits and managing exits
- Contribute to idea generation and sourcing of new investment opportunities
*Work on research related to specific industries and transactions
- Will have a total of 3-4 years' of relevant experience - this will be entirely at a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank, or a combination of previously being at a Bulge Bracket Investment Bank and now a Top Tier Private Equity Firm
- Will have significant deal experience across industry sectors; there is a preference for exposure to Real Estate but this is not the primary requirement
- Will take ownership & have proven experience in ground-up financial modelling - DCF, M&A Models, Accretion Dilution Analysis, Comparables Analysis & other forms of valuation along with Waterfall IRR & fee structures (implying advanced Excel skills).
- Will have an excellent academic track record from top-tier institutions; will be Degree qualified and preferably have an MBA/ CFA
- Will have excellent communication and presentation skills - an ability to present views clearly and concisely
- Will demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Will have a passion to work in Private Equity and motivation to progress with the firm
- Will have commendable work ethic - the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
Real ownership in a small team, excellent transaction exposure, globally competitive pay, a career in one the world's largest and fastest growing alternative asset managers.