Team Lead Java (m/w)
Berlin • Festanstellung
- State-of-the-art competence center for E-Commerce of a market leader
- With your team, you will build our new online platform
In close collaboration with our client we are building a state-of-the-art competence center for E-Commerce and Digitalization. As the industry leading firm in car repairs, trading of automotive equipment and spare parts our partner is pursuing an omni-channel strategy. More than 10.000 employees in 600 different locations are working on client satisfaction and further development of their offered services and products currently including more than 100.000 different articles. To drive further digitalisation and to profit from the vibrant, international E-Commerce scene of Berlin, we are establishing a spearheading unit of digital experts to work on the most challenging and innovative projects the firm is facing. You will benefit from corporate resources and back office structures while being provided with everything that is fueling your executional excellence and speed with a startup-like approach to lean processes and projects. To join at the earliest time, we are looking for a fast-paced, code enthusiastic and agile-at-heart Team Lead Java (m/f)!
- You will be responsible for the new team of Developers, focusing on Java
- With your team, you will build our new online platform, which is strategically one of the most important projects of the company - you are our key to success
- You will be a strong and reliable partner to the Head of Development who will trust and value your opinions on technical decisions and process improvements
- You provide technical and personal leadership to the development team to maintain and enhance a complex, high traffic online platform
- You will develop and improve your team by acting as a role model, coaching and simply being there whenever they need you expert knowledge
- Efficiently working together with your highly motivated, senior colleagues from different departments such as design, devops, documentation and specification will be an important part of your job - you are a communicator!
- With your experience and knowledge you constantly drive the IT architecture forward. You will enjoy long discussions with the Head of Development - two experts discussing the future of the company's E-Commerce business!
- If needed, you will enjoy assisting your team in hands-on development. You never forgot how to write excellent code
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related engineering fields
- You are a coding enthusiast and ready to share your technical expertise. You technological background is brought, yet Java related
- Practical experience in leadership roles and a track record in developing small, exceptionally skilled development teams of 5+ developers using agile methodologies
- You have been working in E-Commerce and have experience in forming teams from scratch creating a great atmosphere to work in
- You consider yourself entrepreneurial, dynamic and fast thinking and see yourself able to make the most out of a corporate background and transform it into a fast-paced satellite unit of digital natives
- Very good written and verbal communication skills will help you a lot
- Full proficiency of the English language, German would be beneficial
- 30 vacation days
- Trust-based working hours (40)
- Spacious office in Berlin-Mitte
- Whatever you need to be happy and productive