Sourcing Director EMEA (m/f) - Basel
International • Festanstellung
- Global player in the medical technology industry
- Sourcing Director EMEA
The Sourcing Director EMEA will be responsible to define, manage and implement sourcing strategies across the region. The position will actively engage with other functions (product development, operations, logistics, demand planning, quality) and commercial business leaders as a strategic partner to enhance innovation and drive down life cycle cost while enhancing customers' experience, product quality, increasing supply chain flexibility and productivity out of supply chain. This role will accomplish this through supplier performance management focused on continuous total cost and performance, defined improvement, and innovation. This role will manage annual spend of approximately $250M sourcing raw materials, finished goods and services domestically and internationally and will manage an international team of approximately 30 people.
Our client is a global player and a world leading company in the medical technology industry. The company employs over 5,000 employees and markets its products in approximately 80 countries around the world. For this position, we are exclusively recruiting a Sourcing Director EMEA (m/f).
For this challenging role within a strong organization, we are searching for a candidate, who will bring a senior, profound and dynamic approach to the company and sourcing strategies. The main responsibilities for the future leader of the sourcing organization will include:
* Build and drive the company's best in class sourcing strategies in the EMEA region according to the TCO approach, including low cost country diversification strategy, while maintaining and improving quality
* Develop partnership relations with suppliers to source new or alternative materials and components, to ensure highest product quality standard and good and reliable sources of supply and information for existing products
* Ensure alignment of the sourcing strategy and practices with the overall business needs
* Comprehend and support the growth of the company in the EMEA region, maintaining and sharing industry best practices and technology trends with team members and business partners
* Collaborate with various other departments in winning strategies for growth by initiating and leading a sourcing board with members from sourcing, quality and operations
* Provide mentoring and role-modeling for the team; identify and evaluate talent to build and maintain the value-added performance of a dedicated, professional sourcing department
* Understand and drive continuous improvement projects and process standardization to achieve outstanding results
* As the leader of the sourcing team, take responsibility for all issues with suppliers in terms of quality, delivery service and cost ensuring alignment with all internal partners
For this core and leading function in the sourcing organization of our client, a successful candidate should provide a senior profile with a strong track record.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management and/or Mechanical Engineering. MBA or advanced degree preferred
* More than 15 years of experience in sourcing with leading successful teams in sourcing and/or supply chain in a cross-cultural environment and matrix based environment
* At least 2 - 3 years of experience in a senior management position
* Working knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts with suppliers
* Experience in the automotive industry would be an asset
* Must have a track record of successful experiences in sourcing with proven negotiation skills and in working closely with suppliers for materials, steel, moldings, copper, electrical components and packaging materials, ideally in Asia and Eastern Europe
* Track record of driving successful change processes with resultant business improvement
* Excellent leadership skills to drive changes and develop people
* Excellent interpersonal skills to work with different levels in a complex matrix organization and right level of influencing to have the job done
* Analytical skills aligned with an intuitive and courageous mindset
* Ability and willingness to travel within EMEA region but also globally
* Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, any other European language is a plus
Our client offers competitive benefits, opportunities and resources in this newly created position and a dynamic environment.
This position is located in the Basel area, Switzerland, and requires extensive travel to other countries in Europe and abroad.