SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
International • Festanstellung
- We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager
- Project management for new product launches
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager (PM) who will be an integral member our rapidly growing automotive sensors business. Being part of the Product Management Team, you will be at the forefront of driving the decisions to shape the success of highly visible projects. The PM is responsible for developing plans for various project tasks, manage both business & technology risks, meet challenging schedules, and drive results. The position offers a great opportunity to lead global teams and to travel globally in a fast-paced, growth oriented, automotive environment.
Sensata Technologies (NYSE: ST) is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. We design and manufacture devices that help satisfy the world's growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a clean environment in global automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine markets.
We are a rapidly growing $2.4 billion business with operations and business centers in 16 countries and over 17,000 employees worldwide, including 900 people in mostly engineering, business development and corporate support roles at our U.S. headquarters in Attleboro, MA.
We pride ourselves on being a leading global company with strong, local decision making and innovative, complex products that make a real difference. We have a reputation for unwavering integrity and offer global exposure to world-class talent and significant personal growth and development opportunities
- Project management for new product launches of significant importance to the business
- Manage a portfolio of projects (lead by separate PM's, which you steer) for a specific Customer Account. For this customer you are the go-to person for topics around the progress of new product introductions.
- Understanding customer requirements and expectations, and developing/driving actions and schedules needed to support them
- Interacting frequently with customers and functional peer groups at management levels
- Achieving results in a matrixed, team oriented, global environment
- Working with cross-functional teams including engineering, marketing, sales, planning, quality assurance and operation
- Evaluating business proposals through cost estimating and discounted cash flow analysis
- Anticipating and communicating issues, recommending remedial & corrective action, and reporting outcomes
- Delivering presentations to customers, management, and project teams
- Bachelor in Engineering is required. Masters in Management or an MBA is preferred
- +8 years of project and/or product management experience in a high-technology environment
- Leading project teams with physical/tangible products strongly preferred
- Proven leadership and facilitation experience in driving New Product Development initiatives to successful outcomes
- Ability to work with technical information to steer the project team to success
- Proven experience working with and leading cross-functional teams
- Experience accurately scoping out the length and difficulty of tasks, and being able to assemble resources to get things done effectively and efficiently
- Experience interfacing with customers to capture requirements, set appropriate expectations, and resolve any issues that might arise over the course of a program
- Frequent international travel is required (3 days per week in Almelo, Netherlands, 2 days per week in Wolfsburg, Germany, occasionally travel to Olen, Belgium), as well as availability for early morning or late evening conference calls with colleagues and suppliers in other regions.
- High energy level with an unfailing commitment to success
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change
- Strategic thinking, strong planning and organization skills
- Self-directed and driven for success
- Ability to understand the need from the customer and translate this into plans and actions
- Ability to effectively communicate internally and externally at all levels
- Ability to positively influence and build relationships with global team members
- Functional experience in product/program management
- Working knowledge of basic finance (e.g. P&L statement, balance sheet, cash flow) and business case assessment through discounted cash flow analysis
- Fluent in English and German, Dutch is advantageous.
- Other helpful background
- PMP Accreditation or comparable (IPMA, Prince2) is a plus
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and ISO9001
Do you want to automatically receive the latest opportunities in your inbox? Sign up for MyPage and remain informed about the most recent job offers in your area of expertise. Or follow our Job Twitter.