Senior Product Manager
International • Festanstellung
- Senior Product Manager
- Global manufacturing business
My client is a wire suspension system specialist business which is owned by one of the largest UK manufacturer of Ductwork Jointing Systems & Components. They supply four different systems suiting all HVAC needs and providing the lowest air leakage levels on the market. They also provide an extensive range of HVAC accessories which include, corners, clamps and gaskets with the client providing wire suspension system the latest addition to this successful portfolio. This also has its own Daughter Manufacturing Company in the UAE with a turnover north of £10million a year.
As part of the large £300million turnover German global manufacturing group, who are the market leaders in the production of high precision multi-product parts, the client are renowned for high quality performance, superb products and above all a friendly knowledgeable service.
My client is an Innovative product for a traditional marketplace. The main goal of the Product Manager is to continue to develop a presence and grow market share in a competitive marketplace where they are one of the 3 or 4 major brands in the U.K. This part of the company is now at a key point in its development with an ambitious market expansion plan. With an active presence in the U.K, Germany, France and U.S.A the senior technical product manager can be based in in anyone of these locations.
My client's product focuses on working with and supplying the mechanical, electrical and ventilation Industry through a distribution network. The role requires the Product Manager to manage the expansion and development of current markets where they are present but also take on the responsibility of developing new routes to market. The candidate will be required to maintain a close working relationship with all the company's current and new distribution network.
The candidate will be expected to have experience and able to demonstrate specific industry and product knowledge. Knowledge of wire suspension systems relating to the product is essential, the wire rope suspension system is used to suspend static loads. In short, it's the perfect alternative to traditional methods such as threaded rod options.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate knowledge of wire rope suspension systems that are used as an alternative to traditional methods to suspend static loads a variety of different sectors. Knowledge of the wider construction market the installation process and where this system fits into the wider installation channel will also be required
As my clients product is a smart, time saving alternative to the traditional threaded rod fixing the Product Manager will be responsible for continuously developing and launching educational promotional plans(including a CPD Programme) in in order to educate new and existing customers of the products benefits.
Results have already proved that when site managers understand the benefits of the product they find it a lot easier to make the transition from the traditional rod fixing.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate evidence of spending significant time within these markets and be able to highlight clear results such as new product development, product and brand communication and improved sales within new and existing regions. The candidate should be able to demonstrate how they would develop a strategic approach to providing customer specific solutions for key partners whilst maintaining a focus on the education of new customers. The largest market sector is the electrical market, along with the Companies current core market of HVAC are expected to be the primary markets in all regions but there is definite scope and opportunity for growth into other complimentary sectors.
Key responsibilities will include but not are limited to:
- Responsible for the growth and development of accounts of the existing distribution network.
- Providing technical back up on the product and application methods.
- Developing and launching educational promotional plans in order to educate new and existing customers of the products benefits( CPD Programme)
- Offering on-site advice and technical support to the contractor on product and application.
- Seeking new opportunities and developments of my clients product range both in the U.K and in all established locations.
- A background of working within this sector, ideally wire suspension but if not within the electrical/manufacturing installation sector
- Proven ability to work with and directly or indirectly lead both multi-cultural and multi-functional teams; comfortable working within a small team environment.
- Ability to achieve senior management expectations whilst delivering at operational level
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree educated or similar qualifications
- Strong leadership, planning and organisational skills.
- The right to live and work in the UK, Germany, France or the U.S.A and the appetite to work across international offices
The package is flexible dependant on experience and will reflect the background of the correct candidate.