Senior Controller (m/w)
Karlsruhe • Festanstellung
- Global Company with very popular customers
- Working very closely with the local CFO
Our client is one leading trading companies in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Provide financial support to the General Manager and Business Development in their pursuit of new business opportunities including pricing, costing, payments terms and general contract review / negotiations.
- Manage a group of 2 Controllers in accordance with organization's policies and applicable legislation. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters, including salary administration.
- Collaborate with senior management and other functional leadership to improve efficiencies for Finance. Continually look for process improvement, seeking new ideas and ensuring open communication with staff. May participate in or lead corporate or departmental quality or process improvement initiatives.
- Contribute to discussions on implementation of Finance strategy on a regional basis and implement objectives as appropriate. Ensure staff have a consistent understanding and positive impression of business strategy for regional and global objectives. Lead strategic initiatives and develop implementation plans.
- Manage the Finance support function for a specific SBU, ensuring day-to-day support is provided to the relevant SBU Head, department heads and project managers to effectively manage projects profitably and within budget, record and forecast revenue, control and forecast operating expenses.
- Work closely with and support managers of other finance areas (Billing, Cash Collections, DSO Management, PFM Resources and Budgeting / Business Analysis) and the Professional Services Center, ensuring that information requested by these other groups is supplied timely and accurately.
- Support Finance in other areas, special projects, task forces, etc. as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and experience in Finance including line management experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of technical accounting skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Fluent in English and German language
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead, influence and motivate others.
- Management of others
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
- Attractive Salary