Second Level Support (m/w)
Köln • Interim
- Second Level Support (m/w)
- Internationally operating company in the insurance sector
Our client is an internationally operating company in the are of IT and insurance.
The scope of the mission is:
* Workplace 2nd Level Support for workstations, printers and all end user related issues, not being covered by 1st level Support or the new end user Self Service Capabilities (eGain)· Member of a support team providing day-to-day 2nd level troubleshooting and desktop support, as well as performing end user related workplace standard work
* Supporting the operating company endusers via Phone, ticket tool (HP Service Manager) and other communication
· Performs all necessary supporting activities, also around office printing. Supports project related site deployment and integration. Create, test and maintain service recovery procedures and plans. Reviews continously all existing support processes and derives continuous improvements and according process adaptions out of this. Provides proper
analysis (reportings) of incidents and SWR performance.
* No travel being required
* Mission can include additional work beyond normal working hours on a moderate level, but no standby
3 to 5 years experience in multiple cloud environments with at least deep knowledge in either Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
* Strong experience in software desktop support preferably (Windows 7, 8 and ideally 10, Office 2010, 2013 and beyond, Active Directory)
· Familiar with PC Applications / Suites like Adobe, Microsoft, etc. Basic knowledge of all infrastructure components (LAN, WAN, Mobile Connectivity and TCP-IP) · Understanding of print procedures, print queues and related Print Server technologies (Windows 2008) in the end user relevant environment and context. Technical writing skills to write the proper documentation according to internal regulations for 1st Level Agents as well as for end users (eGain platform). Proper Excel skills up to Pivot and V-Lookup.
* Strong end user orientation and imperturbable willingness to support real end users. Strong tracking, coordination and basic project planning skills.
* Ability to identify and implement process and/or application improvements
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision. Ability to work effectively under pressure.
* Quick learner, motivated self-starter. Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and team collaboration skills.
* Able to follow change management procedures and internal guidelines.
* Able to work in a larger partially virtual team and possibly in a multiple cultural environment.
* Experience in working with Lean methodologies,
* Local language (German) + very good english
Duration: January to end of December 2016
Only freelance work
Project location: Cologne, Germany