Internal Audit Manager - Weybridge
International • Festanstellung
- Our client is an international US listed business with FMCG/Retail
- Planning and conducting audit & risk reviews or projects in all areas
Our client is an international US listed business with FMCG/Retail operations across the globe. They are a household name with a very strong reputation.
- Planning and conducting audit & risk reviews or projects in all areas of the business, requiring planning capability to ensure the annual plan is delivered within agreed timescales
- Contribute to the preparation and updating of the audit plan for assigned countries on a quarterly basis, and produce lucid challenging reports to summarise all identified audit issues arising from the field work. Deliver and publish the audit reports specified in the rolling fifteen month plan
- Provide clear, concise reports and an independent perspective on projects and issues that enables the business to address risk and control issues and overall themes and trends to be identified and acted upon. Working with relevant stakeholders track the completion of all agreed actions for assigned countries required to rectify audit issues identified in the audit reports, escalating any overdue actions to the relevant Director of Internal Audit as appropriate.
- Supporting the business in risk management, providing a range of consultancy services including design and facilitation of risk workshops, advice and challenge to develop solutions and improve the control environment and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the business
- Identify, research and recommend improvements to drive forward and continuously improve the capability and efficiency of the Internal Audit function
- Support the Senior Management team in developing, maintaining and where appropriate owning key stakeholder relationships
- Identifying business risk and compliance issues and working with the Senior Management team to ensure the businesses put in place appropriate control systems to manage those risks and issues
Constantly updating and expanding knowledge of best practice, audit & risk professional developments, industry changes and sharing across the team and with business partners, through developing and sustaining an effective network of contacts. Providing insights, information, advice and challenge to continuously improve the control environment and effectiveness of business processes
- Professional qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, MBA, IIA or equivalent) or (formally) qualified auditor with an established track record of audit experience.
- Good knowledge of financial reporting standards (US GAAP, IFRS), Sarbanes Oxley type compliance programmes is a pre-requisite; experience of auditing large programmes and knowledge of programme governance frameworks (PRINCE2, Agile, MSP) is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a high fluency of English and German. Experience of writing impactful audit reports in English. Additional languages (particularly French, Spanish, Italian, Turkish or Russian) are desirable
- Very strong written and oral communication skills with key requirement to agree with senior Group, Divisional and Business management all actions required to rectify identified control weaknesses and to produce challenging reports with lucid conclusions
- Able to demonstrate in depth experience of conducting audits in a complex environment at a major multinational corporation
* Experience working internationally including a high degree of cultural awareness and adaptability.
- Up to £70,000 plus excellent benefits
- Up to 70% International Travel
- Chance to join a household name
- Career development and training