GROUP S&OP MANAGER - Heerenveen
International • Festanstellung
- Companies active in the design, development, production, marketing and sales
- Develops and implements S&OP processes
Accell Group is an international group of companies active in the design, development, production, marketing and sales of bicycles, bicycle parts and accessories and fitness equipment.
Accell Group's supply chain is complex and currently locally managed. In recent years Accell has grown rapidly both organically and by acquisitions. Accell's business is segmented in Bicycles and Part & Accessories, each with its own dynamics. Bicycles are assembled by Accell and 3rd party suppliers. The frames and components are externally sourced, mostly in Asia, resulting in long lead times and high working capital. Assembly operations are closely located to the end markets to shorten lead times with local component inventories on site.
The group strategy focus is on high end - and premium bicycle market. Accell differentiates itself from the competition through innovations. Coordination and working together with suppliers in the development process and supply chain is critical. Demand management is key as consumer behaviour is becoming less predictable and demand is highly volatile.
Accell Group is now moving towards a centre-led supply chain organisation model. The aim is to significantly improve profitability and working capital reduction. The successful candidate will lead and implement state-of the-art Sales & Operations Planning processes and propagate best practices in Supply Chain Planning which will contribute to making Accell the industry leader in planning supporting the Accell commercial strategy.
- Develops and implements S&OP processes, KPIs, reporting templates and issue escalation mechanisms within and above different operating businesses within the group, together and in alignment with colleagues responsible for other regions
- Cooperates with local Business Units to assure aligned capacity and deployment plans across the region, effectively supporting innovation
- Develops a detailed understanding of local planning processes, business requirements and constraints
- Challenges local demand plans based on this understanding and in collaboration with the Group Demand Planner
- Drives decisions that lead to highest service possible at lowest possible inventory across the total Accell network
- Challenges counterparts on their outputs, given overall process knowledge and objectives. Highlights root-causes for identified problems and assures development of corrective action alternatives
- Continuously challenges and improves local replenishment strategies and planning processes together with local planners and business counterparts
- Monitors execution of plans, demand/supply balance and process performance to ensure that agreed service levels are met or exceeded
- Resolves critical deviations from plans and supply issues on the spot in close cooperation with key stake-holders or escalates through appropriate channel
- Drives cross-functional reconciliation and review meetings
- Closely aligns with all Product, Demand & Supply planning counterparts, as well as Finance and senior management
- Leads or participates at cross-functional projects to drive forward Accell's Supply Chain and Business strategy
- Leadership - The S&OP Planning Manager is part of the Accell Group Supply Chain team.
- Proven 5-10 years of experience in a cross-functional business position, preferably in the area of Supply Chain Management
- Extensive knowledge of Supply Chain Planning / Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) processes to optimize delivery reliability, cost efficiency and working capital management
- Competent in supply chain policy / process development and performance tracking
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to take a cross-functional holistic business perspective
- Comfortable to operate at senior management level, also when dealing with sensitive topics
- Courage and curiosity to challenge (critical thinker), results-focused
- Strong facilitation, negotiation, communication, collaboration & engagement skills
- Experience with setting up and managing (interlinkages between) processes in the areas of product management, demand planning, supply planning (production & procurement) and executive business planning
- Proven project management skills and ability to guide change management
- Analytical mindset / skills & ability to comprehend extensive planning environments &schedules
- Education: academic level (e.g. Business Administration, Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, APICS CPIM/CSCP or other relevant discipline)
- Prior experience in innovative, product development-driven industries is an advantage