DIRECTOR NEW STORE DEVELOPMENT - Amsterdam
International • Festanstellung
- Global leading specialist within retail who is operating in more than 40 countri
- Set the Vision for growth outside of existing own stores and the related mission
Global leading specialist within retail who is operating in more than 40 countries. It is rapidly expanding one of its retail concepts, which is one of its growth engines, in more than 20 countries. The ambition is to have full global coverage, leveraging a smoothly operated "hard franchise model". In addition to driving global expansion through a tight franchise model, they also want to look into other business development opportunities such as; airport retail, department stores and regional Master Franchise. Profitability should grow further at the same time. Having already good level growth behind, we are now looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial New Business Development Director who will support the local teams in growing the brand outside of its own stores and in own responsibility through global key accounts across the world. In this position you will directly report to the VP while you have the opportunity to build your own team according to the global needs and topline you will deliver.
You will be responsible to bundle an attractive Retail Franchise Concept to foster growth via existing store formats, attractive sales channels and propelling business platforms. This either via existing operating companies or global key accounts that you identify and negotiate directly by yourself. Deliberate country entries through the Retail Franchise Concept are not excluded.
The essential responsibilities in this are:
- Set the Vision for growth outside of existing own stores and the related mission and strategy. Including market overview, latest trends, competition and size of the price study.
- Work out a profound strategic overview of all potential Sales Channels, markets, countries and related company groups that promise successful entry, growth potential and partnering.
- Define various business models that promise speed into markets/scale and evaluate feasibility and margin need to be gained through cooperation with wholesalers that want to partner with us.
- Put together Franchise Handbook to be used in a modular way and depending on the customer needs. It will include all the relevant content in order for the various audiences (internal and external) to excel upon and expand the Retail Brand.
- Educate and consult markets wanting to use and leverage the methods and tools defined to foster growth in their market.
- Develop various business cases and related contracts to operate upon.
- Ensure that the Franchise Concept is landed and expanded successfully through global or regional key accounts that ensure scale. It will be in your responsibility to explore, engage and sign this contracts.
- Functional Competence: The ideal candidate will bring a strong track record in development and expansion of profit centers in the retail sector and with international scale. In depth know how and experience in having worked with various retail business models (e.g. franchising, licencing) and understand how to build the go to market proposition from scratch. A deal maker and self-starter with excellent negotiations skills. It is essential that the candidate had P&L responsibility, experience working through others effectively and it would be a plus if operated successfully in a matrix structure.
- Builds shared vision: Engages, inspires, and aligns the organization around the vision and strategic direction needed to tap into the market building a sustainable successful business.
- Demonstrates Courage: Takes personal and organizational risks to do what is right, confronts difficult issues, and supports others who do so. Adopts a broad range of influencing strategies to create a compelling case and works to convince others even when challenged.
- Champions Customer and Stakeholder Focus: Develops a deep understanding of customer - stakeholder needs and responds with consideration for the broader context. Engages external stakeholders constructively and generates solutions to satisfy multiple expectations.
- Maximizing on business opportunities and result driven: The successful candidate will not be satisfied with simply achieving goals, but will seek out ways to exceed them with a clear passion for winning in the market and strong operational, hands on mentality. Making things happen despite constraints or unexpected obstacles is an essential capability of the candidate.
- Working through others: Proven ability to work through others effectively and understanding ways of working in a matrix structure. Excellent facilitator able to unite people with different agenda and background to reach agreed strategy and set objectives.
- Strong social competencies
We seek to attract individuals of high caliber and will therefore offer a competitive package including base salary, bonus, long term incentive plan and usual benefits such as company car, pension scheme and health insurance