Business Development Director Europe (m/f)
Deutschland • Festanstellung
- challenging vacancy in the DIY-Sector
- high quality product, family owned company
Our client is global player and operates on both a brand and private label platform with presence in four key categories ranging from Power Tools to Lawn & Garden. The family owned business employees more than 5.500 people and generates more than $500m. Within our client, 80% of its business sits within the Power Tools category ensuring constant innovation and pushing the boundaries from the R&D team based in China.
Key duties & responsibilities :
- Define regional longer term strategic goals , business development initiatives in line with the client's overall strategic objectives
- Identify and priorities new revenue-generating opportunities in the DIY/hardware retail channel across the European market , direct business development activities in the power tools , lawn & garden power tools categories
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and a professional and knowledgeable approach
- Drive revenue and profit increase to achieve sustainable business growth target- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
- Record, analyse, report and administer according to systems and company process requirements.
- Provide regular and reliable sales and profit forecasts to the board relating to budgets with all corrective actions planned
- Manage product/service mix, pricing ,and margins according to agreed direction, negotiation of contracts with customers and the 3rd party service companies across Europe
- Conduct regular analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends, provide market feedbacks to the relevant function teams of the company regarding competitive offerings , prospect needs , generate product development ideas to meet market needs
- Responsible for overall management of sales & marketing , distribution and customer relationship activities - Responsible for the initiation and implementation of the short and long term strategic business plans and new customers acquisition plan
- Proven track record of success in senior sales &marketing role with securing sales/profit results and strategic goals versus targets
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot business opportunities, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business and new customer with leading role
- Excellent negotiation skills, strive to maximize the benefits of the enterprise, be good at digging a win-win solution and promoting cooperation.
- University degree in a technical, business or scientific subject; an MBA is an advantage
- Experience in a similar function with a focus on business development strategic marketing, sales or product management; proven business acquisition success record
- Strategic thinking coupled with a high degree of creativity, analytics, business acumen and a "nose" for business opportunities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, particularly in relation to the processing and visualization of data to communicate focused key value propositions
- Ability to understand political implications at all levels of negotiation with the customer.
- Ability to foster effective relationships and communicate effectively, both internally and externally at all levels.
- Self-motivated team player with persuasion, assertiveness, relentless determination and passion for results-oriented success
- Fluent in German and English, spoken and written, as well as competent handling of MS Office, especially PowerPoint
- Comfortable managing multiple projects and tasks.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to support the business as required.
- The business development manager has a proven track record in the DIY-Sector (strongly preferred: Tooling).
- The successful candidate has a passion for business and for leading the client to new and better results.
- He or she is experienced in strategic and business planning, in project and people management in an international / matrix context, and has a strong capacity for building alliances between DIY-Industry and the client.
An interesting challenge in a competitive market.